- present participle of network
- the act of working using computer network.
- the act of connecting computers into network.
- the act of meeting new people in a business context.
- French: mise en réseau
- German: Vernetzung
meeting new people
- French: mise en réseau
- German: Networking
In general, the term network can refer to any interconnected group or system. More specifically, a network is any method of sharing information between two systems (human or mechanical). It can also mean (see wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn):
- An interconnected system of things or people; "he owned a network of shops"; "retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had ...
- (broadcasting) A communication system consisting of a group of broadcasting stations that all transmit the same programs; "the networks compete to broadcast important sports events"
- (from net) An open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
- A system of intersecting lines or channels; "a railroad network"; "a network of canals"
- Communication with and within a group; "You have to network if you want to get a good job"
- (electronics) A system of interconnected electronic components or circuits
Network may refer to:
- Electrical network, a network of electrical components
network, a network of computers
- Computer networking, the scientific and engineering discipline concerned with this kind of network
- Network model, a database model
- Telecommunications network, a network of telecommunications links
- Energy transmission and distribution networks
- Electric power transmission network, a network of conduits for bulk transmission of electric power
- Electricity distribution network, a network of conduits for delivery or short-haul transmission of electric power
- Pipeline transport network, a network of pipes for transmission of gases, usually natural gas
- Gas distribution network, a network of pipes for delivery of gases, usually natural gas or, formerly, town gas
- Network Systems system network, a system of combined networks of main systems
- electrial closed circuit the ckt which is having a closed current path.
- open ckt the ckt which doesnot have closed path for flow of electric charge.
Science, mathematics, and engineering
- Network theory, the applied mathematics counterpart of graph theory, especially in combinatorial optimization
- Flow network, an assignment of flow to the edges of a directed graph where each edge has a capacity
- Network (mathematics), a type of digraph in graph theory
- Neural network, an interconnected group of biological neurons
- Artificial neural network, an interconnected group of artificial neurons
- Gene regulatory network, a directed graph representation of the regulation of gene expression
- Signal transduction network, a directed graph representation for proteins and other biomolecules involved in Signal transduction
- Cell Signaling Networks
- Protein-protein interaction network (or Interactome graph), an undirected graph representing possible interactions between each pair of proteins in a proteome
- Co-occurrence networks linking pairs of terms based on their mutual inclusion within a text (e.g. PubGene).
- Network (film), a 1976 Oscar winning and critically acclaimed Hollywood movie starring Peter Finch
- Transport network, facilities on which people and goods move
- Spatial network, urban networks or networks of rooms within buildings
- Network effect, a characteristic that causes a good or service to have a value to a potential customer dependent on the number of customers already owning that good or using that service
- NETWORK (Catholic Lobby), a national Catholic social justice lobbying group based in Washington, DC.
networking in Arabic: شبكة
networking in Danish: Netværk
networking in German: Netzwerk (Begriffsklärung)
networking in Spanish: Red
networking in Persian: شبکه
networking in French: Réseau
networking in Korean: 네트워크
networking in Italian: Rete
networking in Latin: Rete
networking in Dutch: Netwerk
networking in Japanese: ネットワーク
networking in Norwegian: Nettverk
networking in Low German: Nettwark
networking in Polish: Sieć
networking in Portuguese: Rede
networking in Simple English: Network
networking in Slovak: Sieť
networking in Finnish: Verkosto
networking in Turkish: Ağ
networking in Chinese: 网络